Bounce Back Project- May 2021
An Equip Community Grant will fund our six-month Bounce Back project starting in May 2021. Bounce Back is for autistic Londoners who recently became unemployed or have worked previously. Participants will have access to courses, workshops and one to one support to develop action plans and achieve their goals, with the aim of gaining employment or further training. Bounce Back provides the following activities through the project:
- Digital Skills Course– Eight half day sessions., delivered by City Lit College and supported by project staff.
- Employment Skills Workshops– Eight half day sessions., delivered by the project team and covering topics such as CVs and cover letters, searching & applying for jobs, interview skills, and workplace expectations.
- One to One Sessions– You will have access to one-to-one support sessions with project staff. We will support you to develop an action plan and search and apply for employment or training opportunities.
- Throughout – action plans will be regularly reviewed; participants will be encouraged to socialise, develop friendships and to develop travel, planning, and money management skills.
In line with Government recommendations, activities will initially be delivered online. If guidance changes and it is deemed safe to do so, we will deliver some activities in person.
In order to be accepted on the project, you should:
- Be autistic
- Live in London
- Have been made unemployed in 2020 or 2021 or worked previously
- Be available to attend the project Monday to Thursday each week from Early May until September 2021. (Individual timetable will be in place when programme starts)
If necessary, we can loan you a computer and organise internet access in order for you to take part.