Employer / Staff Support
In work support
If you employ an individual with an Autistic Spectrum Condition then you may need to make some reasonable adjustments to enable them to do their job. Under the Equality Act 2010, it is a legal requirement to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled employees to carry out their role.
CareTrade provides in work support, which is funded by the employer or through the government Access to Work scheme.
Examples of in work support we provide:
- Support meetings with employee and their manager
- Advice regarding specific reasonable adjustments
- Support to help employee learn tasks, including producing written or visual guides
- Communication support (helping the employee to communicate appropriately with managers and colleagues)
- Support to understand rules of the workplace and professional behaviours
- Time-management support
- Autism Awareness training
The amount and type of support provided is on an individual basis that we will discuss with with the employer and employee after an initial meeting.