Now recruiting for the Job Seekers Project
CareTrade is excited to announce that we have recently received grant funding for a new employment project.
Funded by the CAF Resilience fund, job seekers is a 12-week programme offering unemployed autistic adults work experience, workshops and one to one support to search and apply for jobs. Starting in February 2021, job seekers provides the following throughout the project:
- Work experience– Minimum of six days work experience. This will take place in our café or training kitchen and roles will be in food preparation, cleaning, admin, social media & marketing and stock management. You will be supported by the café/training kitchen team and project staff.
- Employment Skills Workshops– Eight half day sessions. Workshops will cover topics such as CVs and cover letters, searching & applying for jobs, interview skills, and workplace expectations.
- Food Hygiene or Digital Skills Course– Eight half day sessions. You will have the opportunity to access these courses, supported by project staff.
- One to One Sessions– You will have access to one-to-one support sessions with project staff. We will support you to develop an action plan and search and apply for employment opportunities.
- Social Events– You will have the opportunity to plan and attend social events with others in the group.
All activities apart from work experience will initially be delivered online. If during the course, Government guidance changes and it is safe to do so, we may deliver activities in person.
In order to be accepted on the project, you should:
- Be autistic
- Live in London
- Be unemployed
- Be available to attend the project Monday to Thursday each week from February until April 2021. (Individual timetable will be in place when programme starts)
click here to request an application form
If necessary, we can loan you a computer and organise internet access in order for you to take part.
Email [email protected] if you have any questions (or if you would like an easy read document for all the information)
We look forward to hearing from you!